[TowerTalk] T2X in 25G

LaVant Morell K4LM@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 21:41:27 -0400

Hello Everyone,

Since it's late and raining out side I'm not going to check it, but it
seems to me that the "ears" on the T2X will hit the cross braces on the
25G.

Anyway, if you force it in, you are going to have one heck of a time
getting it out for service; not to mention getting at the bolts on the
mast clamp.

I have used for the last 15 years an 8 foot top section with a guy
bracket at the bottom brace and the rotor plate just above.  All 3
diagonals are cut out for access to the rotor.

In addition, I have a rotor plate 4 feet up with a TB3 bearing and a TB3
at the top.  The middle plate is notched to fit inside 25G, no braces
are cut.

The mast is 18 feet, with 12 feet out the top.  So you end up with
everything above the guy bracket as mast.  With a very strong first 8
feet.

BTW, for the guy in NC who has 75 feet of 25G guyed every 25 feet.  You
can put almost anything you want on it.  Rohn specs are at least 2:1
safety factory, probably 2.5:1.  The antenna will go away long before
the tower unless a tree falls on the guy wires ( that one always bothers
me).
Don't limit yourself to a 2 element beam, there are much better antennas
out there.

That's enough for this year.

73,

Vant K4LM      in hurricane alley (West Palm Beach)