[TowerTalk] verticals and wire antennas

mike dunlap mdunlap@pressenter.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:09:55 -0700

Hello Everyone!

First question regarding vertical antennas, does anyone have have any
recommendations in so far as brand model ect.  I have an option on a
perfect R-5 and have been told that it's preferred over the R-7 but not
sure about the R-7000 or others.

Second question regarding wire antennas, any recommendations regarding a
model, brand or construction of a multibander.  I have been looking at the
"Carolina Windom 80 but thought I would subject it to the expertise of this
forum prior to any doings or wrongdoings as some would say.

As always, the recommendations and opinions from all of you are greatly
appreciated to us newcomers on the block!!

'73 to all from Mike in Hudson, WI
K0NWA

PS  I realize a "tower is just a tower" and in this case a "vertical is
just a pole" and "wire is just...well a wire!" (all in fun.... I enjoy it
all!!)