[TowerTalk] Rohn 25g rotor plate mounting question

Tom H biskit@snip.net
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 21:32:56 -0400

Hey Nat,

I have my rotor plate mounted down  at the bottom of the of my "rocket top"
section of 25G.  The secret I found was to mount the plate under the
horizontal bracing at the bottom of the top section rather than on top of
the horizontal bracing of the section below.  Use spacers or washers so the
rotor housing will clear the thickness of the bracing.  I use a Hy-Gain
CD45-II, and if  mounted it as you propose, it must be installed as you
assemble the sections.  It cannot be removed from the tower because it gets
hung up on the bracing.  If you install it as I did, it is possible to fish
the rotor from inside the section without doing any cutting to the zig-zag
bracing.  You can also install another rotor plate at the normal location
and mount a thrust bearing on it if you want.

Tom K3GM