[TowerTalk] F12 C3E Tuning (10/15 Driver Positions)

W4nf@aol.com W4nf@aol.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:17:55 EDT

Yesterday I started putting together my new C3E.  Everything is going
together fine and the antenna is taking shape.  My question deals with the
settings of the (2) 10 mtr drivers and the single 15 mtr driver.  I tried
looking thru the archives but couldn't find what I was looking for.  The
drawing for the C3E says for 10 mtrs the standard freq is 28.800 and for 15
mtrs is 21.225.  I was thinking of leaving the 15 mtr driver at its standard
setting as I need the antenna to cover both CW and Phone sections of the band
and this seems to be about in the middle.  With the 10 mtr drivers though
28.800 seems a little high in freq to be able to cover the CW portion of the
band.  So I was going to lengthen each of the 10 mtr drivers by one hole (so
have two holes showing) to bring the center freq to 28.550.  What experience
have you all had with this and will this give me coverage down into the CW
portion on 10.  Thanks for your help.  W4NF Jack

I want to put it up once and not fool with it.