[TowerTalk] F12 C3E Tuning (10/15 Driver Positions)

R. Michael Barts n4gu@vt.edu
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:05:27 -0400

Jack,
I just put up a C4S two weeks ago. I positioned the 10m driver at its
lowest frequency (longest length), with two holes showing. My VSWR is 2:1
from 28.2 to about 29.5, so it still doesn't cover the cw portion. Its
about 3:1 at 28.0. I suggest you consider adding extensions to the 10m
driver. I know I will when it comes back down to earth. I seem to remember
others having similar results. The VSWR is less than 2:1 across the entire
15m and 20m bands. I'm also interested in hearing others experiences/fixes
for 10m.

For comparison, my C4S is at 40' on an AB-577 mast with Phillystran guys
for the top two sets. The antenna plays GREAT!!!

73, Mike N4GU

At 08:17 AM 10/12/99 -0400, Jack, W4NF, wrote:

>...My question deals with the
>settings of the (2) 10 mtr drivers and the single 15 mtr driver...What
experience
>have you all had with this and will this give me coverage down into the CW
>portion on 10.

R. Michael Barts                                              ARS N4GU
Research Associate                                            Grid EM97SD
Antenna Laboratory/Satellite Communications Group
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
Blacksburg, VA 24061                     540-231-7280/FAX 540-231-3355
http://lab.ant.ee.vt.edu/                      http://n4gu.ant.ee.vt.edu