[TowerTalk] Crank-Up tower owners, please read

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:42:49 EDT

In a message dated 99-10-12 19:31:11 EDT, kinderh@cadvision.com writes:

> Interesting solution to your problem Tom.  I looked into doing the same
>  thing, however, before i put anything on my US Tower 89' crank-up i
e-mailed
>  US tower...they said DO NOT lubricate the cables...as Steve himself
>  says...do what the manufacturer says. Seems to be different views on the
>  benefits of cable lube...i'm sure it won't hurt, but should i also consider
>  this???

       Yes. I would believe the manufacturer of the cable, not a crank-up
manufacturer. Same with the electric motor, gearbox, pulleys, etc. In this
case, the manufacturer just assembles the components without knowing them to
the depth that the original manufacturer does.

      Look at it like this: Why would the tower manufacturer tell you NOT to
do something that the cable manufacturer tells you to do? I can't imagine
what such a compelling reason would be to contradict factory advice.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC