[TowerTalk] cable lube

Tom Hammond - N0SS n0ss@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:41:47 -0500

>Bill Heinzinger wrote:
>> I use the same product on my tower.

>But what was it?????

OK... there are probably a number of good (read "usable") products
out there.  Steve (K7LXC) has one, the boyz at First Call have yet
another.  The one which I used came from my local NAPA Auto Parts
store:

        NAPA Chain & Cable Lube
        Stock no. 765-1370
        Made by Belkamp for NAPA

        Promo: "Chain & Cable Lube is a slippery lubricant that
           sprays on, foams, penetrates based product compounded
           with additives to give the best possible lubrication.
           It repels dirt and, mud, and grass. It has ionized
           attraction to all metal surfaces.  yadda... yadda...

If you have ANY concerns whether you are using a 'good' product,
buy yours from K7LXC or First Call, and leave the auto parts stores
to themselves.

In the final chapter, FOLLOW YOUR HEART!!!  IF you feel that it might
be helpful for you to lube your cables, then do it.  If you feel that
this is NOT the best move to make, then DO NOT DO IT!  I'm sure that
there are those who do, and those who do not, and will not.  That's
just great.  PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ON MY ACCOUNT!  My original posting
was for those who DO choose to lubricate, and only sent in an effort
to help them save a bit of $$$ by not wasting as much of the lubricant.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS