[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Parts

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 03:14:10 GMT

  Hello All
  Has anyone info on when MFJ/Hy-Gain is going to be filling parts orders?
Also does/did Hy-Gain have a "rebuild kit" for older antennas?
By rebuild kit I mean one part number for all the rubber/plastic parts you
would replace when you rebuild an older antenna. I have a TH6DXX I want to
rebuild before I put it up.Of course the MFJ/Hy-Gain deal happened just
about the time I wanted to get this done and it has been on hold since then.
  Well it seems that our choices for good quality antennas is getting
narrowed down more and more. Cushcraft doesn't care if they make a good
product or not and Hy-Gain quality will probably go down hill now that MFJ
has them. Hope Force 12 and Bencher stay around as they seem to be our only
source for quality antennas
  Well I bet I get flamed on that last paragraph hi hi Please flame me
privately and not clog up the reflector on doing it :)
73
Rick
KC5AJX