[TowerTalk] properly feeding a tribander stack

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:24:38 -0500

> As we await access to his new book those of us not blessed enough to own
> Reflections must speculate if he has indeed addressed such peripheral
> issues.
> Would someone be so kind as to illuminate this further, please?
>
> Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP
Mr. Maxwell was kind enough to invent a device called a choke or current
balun to force the current to go where it is supposed to, and not go where
it isn't; keeping the "target" desired pattern intact. Folks who use randomly
wound coax at the feed point for this purpose will have varying results
compared to a properly designed choke balun.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

"The Dark Ages were caused by a Y1K problem"