[TowerTalk] Radio location in relation to antenna

thaxton@ptgroup.com thaxton@ptgroup.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:09:13 -0500

    I am considering moving my radio gear out of the lower level of
my house to the upper level.  My reason is that I can convert a
couple of 30 amp circuts over to 220V I had installed to run my
computer gear when I first started my company.  I don't need them
anymore.

    The new location would put my gear about 15 feet under the roof
mount antenna I have just installed.  I also have a couple of dipoles
layed across this section of the roof as well.  I would be running an
amp rated at 1.5kw if I decide to relocate and fire up a 220V circut.

    So what kind of RF problems would or could I be setting myself
up to experience? Would the proximity to the antenna pose a
problem? What should I consider if I do this? Should I maintain a
larger distance(55 feet now) from my antenna's such as I have
now?  What precautions, RF wise, should I be considering?  Will I
glow in the dark? :)

Any feedback or comments would be most appreciated.

Don
N0FGK