[TowerTalk] Tower Permit Process

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:58:49 EDT

In a message dated 99-10-18 21:56:35 EDT, geowires@winfinity.com writes:

> I'd like to put up a 100 crank up tower from Rohn.

     If it really is as you describe, it must really be an oldie but a
goodie. I would be real suprised if there are any engineering drawings
around, let alone any engineering calcs or data. In those days, towers were
typically rated for 50 MPH when nowadays the minimum required is 70 MPH.
Sounds like you'll have to re-invent the wheel.

>  Can anyone help me with the permit process for the FCC or FAA
>  I'm really green at this and need a clue as to how to go about getting a
>  permit .

      No permit needed for those folks unless you're close to an airport.
Your concern should be with any covenants on your property and what is needed
to obtain a building permit. You might strike out on both or it could be a
breeze.

Cheers & GL,  Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech