[TowerTalk] Tower permits and seals

Brian Smithson brian_smithson@vds.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:15:18 -0400

York Co. SC is very serious about the seals. Thanks to
the efforts of local hams, we're exempt from public
hearings for towers under 100', but we still need permits
and they must include at least (in my 2 experiences) a
drawing of the base/footing with an original (wet?) seal.
I got that for the first tower and went back a year
later with a copy of the same drawing for my 2nd one.
They balked at the copy (dry seal) until i pointed out
that _they_ had the original with my first permit app.
They were happy and issued the permit.

One note - the state does matter down here. York Co is
right on the border with North Carolina. My house is abt
10 miles from the border and there was no way an NC
stamp would work!

Hopefully there will be a hole to inspect today!