[TowerTalk] mutual coupling "guys"

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:19:09 -0600

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:22:54 -0400 Arthur Holmes <w1rzf@gis.net> writes:

> I would like to avoid mutual coupling between the guys on my tower
> for
> 20/15/10 and my two  80 meter phased verticals about 3/8 wl away. I
> have
> read the ARRL antenna manual which gives guidelines for insulated
> lenghths to avoid. In my case the last section to ground is 60 ft.

	Sounds like a good 80M vertical to me !   (60 ft, gnded end)

	The simple solution is to insert another insulator 27 ft down
	from top insulator.  This will leave a 33 ft grounded piece,
	making a good 40M vertical.  You could add a third insulator
	if you want to avoid all resonances in the "old" bands.  Or,
	place the second insulator 40 ft down from the first.  N4KG