[TowerTalk] 402CD + Skyhawk part II

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@contesting.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:57:32 -0400

The new F12 "N" element for 40 meters, referred to below, is linear loaded. A
few more specifics:

The elements are about 85% of full size. There is less linear loading than older
LL elements.

The LL occurs 7-8 feet from the boom, and goes OUTWARD and back. This leaves the
center 15 feet, which will carry the highest current, uncanceled or unfolded
(use your favorite term).

The LL is rigid rod (not flexible wire), and has nothing to do with the element
support system, which uses non-conductive, no-stretch cord. In addition to being
more efficient, the frequency settings will not be affected by how tight one
pulls the supports, as in prior designs.

The LL shortens the elements enough to reduce element weight 50% from full-size.

Personally, it has to this point answered the issues I have had with LL elements
prior.

(No affiliation with F12. Will be putting up a F12 Magnum 340N, and we will
see.)

73, Guy
k2av@contesting.com
Apex, NC, USA