[TowerTalk] 402CD + Skyhawk

Eric Gustafson n7cl@mmsi.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:21:19 -0700

I don't know how useful this will be for you.  But here is how
I'm configuring a single tower HF antenna system for 40 through
10 meters.

I live on a 192 foot AARZT hilltop with broad, relatively flat
river (wash) valleys extending out 5 to 8 miles in the important
directions.  I'm putting up a 70 foot tower.  At the top will be
a full sized three element 40 interlaced with a full sized three
element 30 on 40 foot boom (2 feedlines).  At the 40 foot level
on a tic ring rotator will be a 12 element LPDA coverng 14 to 30
MHz (30 foot boom, one feedline).

The 30 / 40 interactions have been accounted for in the design of
the antenna so there won't be a problem there.  The only
significant interaction I'm expecting between the two separate
antennas is on 15 meters.  Since I can rotate them independently,
I can eliminate that one when necessary.

So there you have it.  One tower, two antennas, three feedlines
covering all ham bands from 7 to 30 MHz with rotatable 20ish dB
F/B patterns on all bands.

73, Eric  N7CL