[TowerTalk] How about wirefeed mig welding

Eric Gustafson n7cl@mmsi.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:46:39 -0700

Hi Bill,

I'm not a mig welding expert.  But I'd guess that if you can get
feed wire that is of the appropriate material, it should do fine.
How about it mig experts???  I know there are some flux filled
hollow wires available.  Do any of them result in a brazed
connection?

The bottom line is that all the metal in the joint needs to be in
the correct place in the galvanic series.  Brazing metal is close
enough to steel to make a durable connection to the rod.  Even
so, it is a good idea to tar any steel / copper connection prior
to burial.

You can do brazing with your gas welding equipment.  Just takes
the appropriate flux, brazing rod and flame setting.

73, Eric  N7CL