[TowerTalk] KLM 6 el 15m antenna

Pat Barthelow Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hh.tmx.com>
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:50:56 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone heard of the long boom 6 Ele KLM 15 meter antenna being
modified for better performance to a 5 element version?  Jack Troster's
15m KLM is seen in a picture as a 5 element, but the manual he got for us
is for a KLM 6 element.  We also found a strange  15m element loose
amongst the many antennas/parts Jack donated to us.  I suspect that the
extra element was removed, and the antenna rebuilt at 5 elements towards
some advantage in performance.  If there is a 5 element design out there,
we are interested in the dimensions....

73, DX, de
Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com;n6ij@hotmail.com
599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
See us on the web: www.polkinghorn.org/n6ij
"The Contest Station from the Government"