[TowerTalk] flying coax on 1/4 cable

Henry Heidtmann n4vhk@summitschool.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:34:10 -0400

    Has anyone experienced a noise problem associated with "flying"coax
on 1/4" steel cable? I have one tower with a C4XL at 40' and am feeding
another yagi, which is house mounted, from the tower- about 25' off the
ground. The coax is taped to the cable for about 35'. The cable is NOT
grounded to the tower, and is attached to a vent pipe on the house (no
longer used, but beefy as can be- made of cast iron). I've tried
grounding the cable, to no avail. The noise I am getting is broadbanded,
and is knocked out by my TS850 Noise blanker- But I'm wondering if I'm
breaking any rules by having the 9913 coax too close to a parallel
cable, and hence a noise source...-
Anyone have any ideas?
Henry, N4VHK
W4WS Contest Crew