[TowerTalk] Cushcraft D4 Rotatable Dipole Assistance Please

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 13:28:11 -0400

Just acquired a Cushcraft D4 Rotatable Dipole (10, 15, 20, 40m),
it was only $10. and in nice shape, couldn't resist!

Anyone have suggestions as to strengthening and/or optimizing
this antenna? Does Cushcraft stock replacement trap caps and
insulator blocks for older antennas? (I have E-mailed Cushcraft.)

I am guessing it will see most service here on 40m since I plan
a stacked pair of tri-banders for 10-15-20.

Perhaps it could be modified for 12, 17, 30, 40?

I have searched the Internet, including DejaNews, but have found
little information about the D4 World Ranger.

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC K1YP in Hudson, FL

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World