[TowerTalk] Cushcraft D4 Rotatable Dipole Assistance Please

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:44:52 -0400

> If you want the WARC bands, look for an A3WS.
> GREAT antenna.   Forget modifying the D4.

My tower will be 65 feet of Rohn 45 with a mast above
that.  The eventual plan is a pair of trapless beams.  My
thought is to put the D4 as high as possible, about 65-70
feet, just above or below the top beam) to maximize the
value on 40m.  Does that make sense?

I acquired a 30 foot heavy duty push-up mast for $5. from
the same source.  I think I may put some VHF/UHF stuff
on that ... Florida is very flat!  I'll have to rig a means to
either rotate the whole thing or something.

> I'll give you $20 for it !  :-)
> de  Tom  N4KG

Everyone is a comedian!  ;-)

Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP