[TowerTalk] re: Best Coax

Ron Youvan ka4inm@qsl.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 03:03:01 +0000

Hi Eric Gustafson wrote:

 << I confess that I do live out in the boonies in a fairly quiet location. >>

   When I moved (forced to, my cook moved here to aid her aging mother)
 I could not believe the difference in background noise level, it is SO
 quite out here on the farm, I never want to operate back in town agn.
 (still own the house)

   When operating on our local SSB net (28.365 mHz) mobiling home late
 from my computer club meeting {started at 8 p.m.} (several years ago,
 before moving to the farm, I would check out when I got a good view
 of the florescent lites around the filling stations on the south edge
 of town, if I didn't I would not be able to hear ANY of the stations
 (5-10 miles away) by the time I got up to the GAS stations.

  If you live in a city (or near one,) try to receive in the country
 and hear the difference for your self, I don't see how anyone could
 successfully contest from my house in town.

    73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
    I upgraded to LINUX, it is NOT user friendly, a programmer can run it!
            VISIT my HAM WEB SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm