[TowerTalk] Tailtwister Problem

N2NU@aol.com N2NU@aol.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:01:26 EDT

All this discussion about capacitors is fine, but I suspect that it has nothing to do with your problem.  Given the assumption that your antenna used to turn and nothing has changed to cause the mast to bind, my bet is that you have chewed several teeth off the ring gear inside your t2x.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with turning the antenna to the point where the driving gear doesn't engage with the ring gear due to sheared off teeth.

I have seen this happen several times to cde/telex/hygain/mfj (or whatever they are now) rotors.

It is pretty easy to fix if you are at all mechanically inclined.

Good luck/73

-John