[TowerTalk] ridge top derating factors

Tower2sell@aol.com Tower2sell@aol.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:47:48 EDT

The ASCE 7-88 wind map is not in EIA-222-F, 1996. What they did was to make a county wind speed chart using the ASCE 7-88 wind map. It lists all the counties and their minimum wind speed. They are both fastest mile wind speeds.

The NEW version of ASCE 7-95 has a new wind map with 90 mph minimum wind speed and is a 3 second "gusted" wind. These winds will be incorporated into the NEW EIA-222-G when it comes out

I hope this helps.

Tower2sell@aol.com