[TowerTalk] In defense of crankups

Bill Heinzinger w9ol@dataflo.net
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:27:17 -0500

> >From this exchange, it would seem that Bill and Stan have, between them,
> (possibly complete) list of (maybe most) crank                   up
hazards.
I don't propose to know all the hazards. I don't propose to be an expert.
All I tried to say was that due to circumstances I had to make a decision as
to what type of tower would offer the best situation FOR ME.
I did not wish to divorce my wife, nor move from my location.
I made a decision and set certain levels of use that would offer me the most
advantage and minimize risks.
With any tower there is risk. I set parameters that offered me the most
security.
Do I worry about my tower?
EVERY DAY!
Maybe that's why I've never had a problem.
Prudent decision, made after study combined with experience promote success.

> Would you two fellas be kind enough to stick your heads together, and,
Bill,
> you post what hazards of which you're conscious, and Stan, you post the
> remainder, for the rest of us?
>
> Perhaps we could then adjust our compromises and choose among them so that
> at least some of us could have crank
ups