[TowerTalk] Best Coax

Ron Youvan ka4inm@gate.net
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 02:28:51 +0000

Hi:

 . . .  teflon rod, fiberglass rod - tongue depressors cooked in paraffin,
 PVC tubing or pipe, wooden dowel(also paraffined) - even no insulators, just
two wires
 under tension for 20-50 ft. >>

   Some of the insulators that we see at hamfests, lots of them with very
 flat ends and no ridges, round square and rectangular cross section (up
 to 12 or 14 inches long (some 3 or 4 inches long) although they look like
 dipole insulators, were designed to be open wire feed line `spreaders'.
 The conductor went along the edge and a 2 or 3 inch wire went through
 the hole in the  spreader then wrapped around the conductor on each
 side of the spreader.
   MW stations use these porcelain insulators and very heavy wire to feed
 50 or more kw to curtain arrays etc.

    73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
    I upgraded to LINUX, it is NOT user friendly, a programmer can run it!
            VISIT my HAM WEB SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm