[TowerTalk] 160M Wire Antenna

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:05:20 +0200

The 1/4 wavelenght height from ground is definitely not the best
possible but already not so bad when other choices are unavailable.
Considering that the minimal take off angle for 160m is not so low as
with other bands and the peculiar angle conditions at sunrise/sunset ,
I wouldn't be surprised if an acceptable DX traffic is also obtainable
with an efficient horizontal antenna at 1/4 wavelenght from ground.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

<towertalk@contesting.com>,       "Tom K Osborne" <w7why@juno.com>