[TowerTalk] Making a tribander a duobander

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 15:03:20 -0400

Hi Mike,
  Your reasoning seems sound, yet, in the interest of 15 meter
efficiency, it would be desirable to remove the 15 meter traps, or the 15
meter trap portion(in the event both 10 and 15 meter traps are enclosed
in the same housing), and extend the elements   via additional aluminum.
Resonating the driven element at 15 meters, and shortning director
elements from resonance about 3-5 %, and lengthening the reflector
elements 3-5% below resonance. From there you're on your own, in that
you'll have to find the optimum tuning, if you want optimum results. 73
Roy WA4DOU

> Non-subscriber bounce from antennaware posted to towertalk.

> I have a Cushcraft A4S and am planning to put back up a monoband 20
> meter
> yagi, so would like to make the A4S inoperative on 20 and keep it as
> duobander for 10 & 15.   I am assuming that if I yank the outer ends
> of
> each
> element out, that should not change the 10 and 15 meter operation
> but
> render
> it useless and non-resonant on 20.   Anybody got any ideas?
>
> Mike
> W0YR
>
> See towertalk FAQ:      http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html

> 73, Guy