[TowerTalk] T2X, new vs rebuilt

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:25:17 EDT

In a message dated 04/24/2000 1:18:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
brehm@texas.net writes:

> I don't trus the waterproofing kit which is available with the
>  connectors.  Just tape it up nicely when you get it on the tower.

     Control cable plugs aren't easy to wx-proof. I've found that using 3
wraps of Scotch 33 or 88 covered by a layer of Liquid Electrical Tape is
pretty bombproof. The M2 Orion plugs are difficult to weatherize and this is
the only technique that I've found that works.

     Of course a layer of vapor wrap between layers of tape wouldn't be a bad
idea either.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products