[TowerTalk] T2X, new vs rebuilt

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:47:55 EDT

In a message dated 04/24/2000 2:33:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
n2tk@earthlink.net writes:

> Depends on the environment. At V26B corrosion is our worst enemy followed by
>  failed direction pots. The terminal strips corrode so bad that the terminal
>  strips literally fall apart. That's why we are converting to pig tails as
>  the rotors fail. We don't have big beams so the wedges and gears hold up
>  fairly well.

       Point taken. A coating of Liquid Electrical Tape, or even professional
vapor wrap (NOT CoaxSeal), over the terminal strip works like gang busters
and gives very good weatherproofing in just about any environment.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products