[TowerTalk] klm 4:1 baluns summary

Mark Sihlanick n2qt@pipeline.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:47:06

thanks to several on the list.

KLM first had a '4 kw' 4:1 balun, this is my lightweight. It was then
changed to a '5 kw' 4:1 balun. Since I run legal limit rtty I guess I need
to try for another '5 kw' version.

There are several other sources for replacement baluns such as radio works
and wx0b.  I'll stay with klm since I hope eventually to stack em and 1
more klm is cheaper than two more something elses.

Other useful info: the progression of capacitor caps goes something like:
black, white, light green, dark green, blue.  The dark green and blue are
supposed to be ok.

Also others indicated the copper colored antioxidant is truly bad news.

Also M2 is introducing an improved kt36, an ad is in the latest cq contest
although no information on their web site yet. Guess it will be intro'd at
Dayton.  Supposedly there will be capacitor caps and other hardware
available as well..

thanks for the info
Mark n2qt