[TowerTalk] Soil

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:32:11 EDT

Howdy, TowerTalkians --

      There are occasional topics about soil vis-a-vis tower bases and
particularly guy anchors. Rohn just refers to "normal" soil but that's pretty
vague.
     I've got the Chance "Encyclopedia of Anchoring" but unless you have them
use their equipment to measure your soil, you're still left with little
information. Getting a soil survey done by a geotechnical firm can run into
some $$ so that's not very helpful either.
     Does anyone have more information on this topic that they'd be willing
to share with me? I've spent a bunch of time searching the internet but
didn't find anything useful. I'm looking for a glossary of terms and some
values that would be helpful to us amateurs. A government or military
publication? Anything? Tnx.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech