[TowerTalk] Re: Tower paint......what color ?

Glenn Ziolkowski glennz@execpc.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:57:08 -0400

Does the list population in general consider it good practice to paint a
galvanized ham tower?

My gut feeling is that a layer of paint might obscure a developing defect
(rust-through, crack, etc.) that might otherwise be visible during inspection.

OTOH, I suppose paint is no different than the galvanizing in this regard.

Comments from the tower vets appreciated. Planning for my first tower this
year (40 ft Rohn 25).

tnx n9eau