[TowerTalk] Re: Tower paint......what color ?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:29:39 EDT

In a message dated 04/26/2000 4:57:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
glennz@execpc.com writes:

> Does the list population in general consider it good practice to paint a
>  galvanized ham tower?
>
>  My gut feeling is that a layer of paint might obscure a developing defect
>  (rust-through, crack, etc.) that might otherwise be visible during
> inspection.

      Any tower over 200-feet (and there are thousands of them) are painted
orange and white for visibility purposes. Hasn't been a problem. It actually
can preserve the galvanizing under a protective layer of paint!

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech