[TowerTalk] Tower Paintin'

Bob & Traudel Eslaire W9UI@SprintMail.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 19:33:20 -0400

Yes, that was because the galvanized sheets were covered with a layer of
oil.  I did the same sort of thing years ago with the siding I used to
enclose a garage I built (didn't use vinegar, tho).

I am not sure towers have this sort of oil applied to them.  You could
really feel the oil on the siding.  Not so with any tower section I have
ever had.

Bob, W9UI.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of ValErwin@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 8:07 PM
To: glennz@execpc.com; towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Paintin'

Tower Painters:

You can file this under the "for what it's worth department" --

About twenty years ago, I was faced with painting a new galvanized storage
building. When I posed the problem to a professional painter, he told me to
wipe the building down with a 50/50 solution of vinegar/water prior to
painting.  I followed his instructions and the paint never did peel!
Soooooo
--- if your painting a tower, a vinegar/water treatment might be in order --

Val
W5PUT