[TowerTalk] Re: Tower paint......what color ?

Tower2sell@aol.com Tower2sell@aol.com
Fri Apr 28 15:57:11 2000

For the record acrilic latex paint is the paint of choice for galvaized surfaces. The epoxies and oil based paint sometimes have problems sticking to the galvanized surface. Latex is a rubber type paint and will tend to "span" over the bad spots. There are  epoxies can be used with special cleaners prior to painting (not vinigar).

Most of the large red and white painted towers are painted with latex paint. Check your ROHN catalog and see what they sell >> latex.

Tower2sell@aol.com

In a message dated Thu, 27 Apr 2000  4:51:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Bill Coleman AA4LR <aa4lr@radio.org> writes:

<<
On 4/26/00 10:29 PM, K7LXC@aol.com at K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>      Any tower over 200-feet (and there are thousands of them) are painted
>orange and white for visibility purposes. Hasn't been a problem. It actually
>can preserve the galvanizing under a protective layer of paint!

I think a lot depends on the type of paint. Imron, or an epoxy paint may
last a long time and preserve the tower. A common latex paint might not
work out so well.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales