[TowerTalk] US Tower bearing measurement needed

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:05:18 EDT

In a message dated 04/29/2000 2:28:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, DMartin560
writes:

> Thought about the U bolt option too...but was going to run the 2" mast all
> the way down to the rotor shelf and use the U bolt there.  This method is
> still under consideration.

     Well, then I'm not sure what you're trying to do. The top-of-the-tower
U-bolt is just to hold the mast while you deal with something else - like
rotator removal, raising or lowering mast, etc. In the case of a US Tower
where there are just a couple of bolts up there to hold the mast, I leave the
U-bolt in as a vertical stopper and then the tower bolts only have to hold
the torque on the mast.

      You can always have another U-bolt.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC