[TowerTalk] Guy wire Clamps

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 10:08:14 -0700

MakeMyDay wrote:

> > >    Now, in the best 'LXC-follow-the-manufacturer's-advice tradition,
> > >    does the current Rohn catalog permit preforms?  Or do all their
> > >    drawings show u-clips like in my 25-yr-old catalog?
> >
> >     Get an up-to-date catalog - Rohn SELLS Preforms.
>
> OK, but what does it say on their *drawings* for guy wire terminations?
> Do the drawings specify either way, or do they show u-clips?
> That's the acid test of Rohn's opinion on termination technique.

Interesting, in this case, you state that Rohn's "drawings" are the tower Gospel.

> General Motors sells Cadillacs *AND* Chevrolets, do you want the best,
> or not?  Take your choice.....
>
> >     Do you serve the guy strands when you're done using your cable clamps?
> >     Why not?
>
> It's not required if you tighten the clamps properly.
> Rohn must recognize this because actual installation fotos in their catalog
> show the loose ends flopping.

Now, all of the sudden, the Rohn "fotos" are Gospel.

> Serving the loose end is overkill, an admission you aren't sure you can tighten the clamps properly.

Well, Mr. Annonymous, if you look at the "drawings" of installed cable clamps, it shows the cable end as
being served.  If you look at Rohn "fotos" you can see many Preformed Guy Grips installed on Rohn
towers.  You obviously look at and see exactly what you want to . . . and nothing else.

OK, Stan  w7ni@teleport.com