[TowerTalk] FIRST CALL: 4 1/2 MONTHS

Ken Barber kbarber@monmouth.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:33:46 -0400

Hey First Call,
  How can you possibly state that you have 2-4 weeks delivery and that
it doubled for a while.  I have been waiting since March, yes MARCH for
my tower and it just got delivered to my installer with parts missing.
Basically, I waiting almost 5 MONTHS for my FIRST CALL TOWER.  in
addition, you charged my credit card in full in March !!
Ken W2DTC
-------------------------------

WHAT'S NEW WITH TRI-EX TOWERS
(AN EXTENSIVE UPDATE)
With the large amount of Tri-Ex towers being sold over the last six
months,
we thought it would be a good time to give an update.
The factory is in the process of expanding to a second facility and has
outgrown the facility it is in now.  This expansion will insure faster
tower
manufacturing time and allow for increased volume of mobile tower
trailers
and building up of tower inventory.

TOWER DELIVERY
Tower delivery has improved dramatically.  The factory has been
inundated
with amateur tower orders like never before.  Normal delivery was 2-4
weeks
and reached a high of more than double that for a while. In order to
alleviate the delivery problem, the following changes were made:
a. A second shift and parallel manufacturing lines were added to catch
up on
past orders and to start building the most popular towers for inventory.
b.  In late June, two complete additional manufacturing fixtures/jigs
were
finished for the entire line of Tri-Ex towers including the sky needle
tubular towers.  This addition will allow parallel or simultaneous
manufacturing of the similar tower sections.

HELP IN GETTING A TOWER PERMIT
For customers making applications for tower permits, please note that we
can
now provide a stress analysis with a "wet stamp" for any of the 48
states.
The wet stamp is a certified, original stamp by a registered, civil or
structural engineer in your state. Non-wet stamp stress analysis is
available
for $10. (plus postage) on any present Tri-Ex tower.  Call for details.

REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
First Call has a staff of real people that you can get to and talk to
right
away. The policy of "instant access" to your questions (via phone, fax
or
e-mail) has made Tri-Ex the #1 choice for the amateur radio operator.

RESPONSE TO E-MAIL REQUESTS
We have been trying our hardest to respond to quotations and tower
pricing,
but we had in the past fell short of our goal. We receive an excessive
twenty
to twenty-five e-mails a day and if your request to us was not answered
promptly, it will be shortly. We promise to keep up to date on any
e-mail
received.  We understand our product is unique and our prices are fair
and
the good word is getting out about Tri-Ex.

IMPORTANT, IMMEDIATE CHANGES
Beginning with new literature being printed, we will no longer utilize
or
display calculations based on the outdated 50-mph sq./ft. rating. The
50-mph
rating is not a UBC standard (Uniform Building Code) and has not been a
standard for over 30 years. No town, village, city or municipality
recognizes
a 50-mph wind load rating. The 50-mph UBC number was only used by Tri-Ex
compare the stronger Tri-Ex tower to other telescoping tower companies.
The
minimum standard under UBC in the US is 70 mph.
When you compare Tri-Ex to another company, remember that the towns and
local
governments require 70 mph UBC.

NEW TRI-EX MODELS
Additional, improved and new tower models will be introduced soon.
Adding to
this list will be a rotating tubular tower, and variations of our 86 and
104-ft. telescoping units.
As before, Tri-Ex will provide super great prices with towers that are
stronger and with better specs than other steel telescoping tower
companies.
Check out the tower comparison page on our website
(www.firstcallcom.net)

RAPID GROWTH
With the avalanche of new tower orders, both First Call and the Tri-Ex
manufacturing facility have added additional personnel. First Call alone
has
added two more toll free number lines. The manufacturing group has
doubled
their personnel in recent months with more workers being hired as a
second
manufacturing facility is opened.

WORLD-WIDE ADVERTISING
Tri-Ex towers are now being shipped World-Wide which has resulted from
our
enlarged advertising campaign both here in the US and abroad. To enhance
our
visibility more, we now can provide complete packages of rotators,
antennas
and system installation in one operation. First Call is an authorized
dealer
for Hy-Gain (MFJ), Yaesu and prosistel Big Boys. We also provide antenna
packages including M2, Hy-Gain, and Force 12.

NEW SAVINGS ON SHIPPING COSTS
Tri-Ex has expanded again with new contractual arrangements with two
other
national trucking companies. Other than Tri-Ex towers costing less than
our
competition, we can offer BIG additional savings in getting the tower to
your
door. All towers leaving the Visalia factory have recently and will
continue
to be enclosed in a full wooden crate. This new shipping method will
allow
complete safety of all towers being shipped.

INSTALLATION HELP
We are presently expanding our installation package for Tri-Ex tower
buyers
to different models. At present, the installation guide with 84 color
pictures and narratives has only been available for the models LM470 and
the
DX86. This installation guide has been very instrumental and a must for
first
time tower buyers. This guide is a First Call exclusive.

STAINLESS CABLE AVAILABLE
When it is time to restring your crank-up cable, the factory has precut
galvanized or stainless cable kits available at reasonable prices. We
understand the value of your investment and each kit is provided with a
restringing schematic. Check our web page for pricing or call us on our
toll
free number.