[TowerTalk] Water in hole for tower base

Chris Allingham ve3fu@rac.ca
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:21:25 -0400

I dug a hole for my tower last summer but didn't get a chance to pour the
concrete.  With all the rain we've had this summer, the groundwater level
is higher than last year.  As a result, the hole fills up about half way (2
feet) after a day or so of rain, but slowy drains away during the dry
spells.  Only once this summer has the hole been completely void of water.

Is this something I should be concerned about once the tower is up?  Do I
have to order a special concrete mixture to account for the extra water?
Before pouring, I plan on waiting until the hole completely drains again,
or renting a submersible pump.

Thanks in advance!

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC