[TowerTalk] 1st call - NVA

Ken Barber kbarber@monmouth.com
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 05:32:00 -0400

My problem with First Call is: NO VALUE ADDED.  I ordered my tower in
March (my credit card was also charged in March) and first call gave me
a delivery date of May 22nd.  May 22nd came and went.  Further
communications with First Call, while pleasant, continued to give me new
dates, sometimes a week away then two weeks away and these dates all
came and went.  After 4 1/2 months the tower finally arrived at my
installer BUT with missing parts (thrust bearing, rotor plate etc..).
My installer made a phone call and was told that the parts would be
shippped via "OVERNIGHT" delivery, however they really sent them via UPS
ground, unfortunately only 2 of the 3 parts were sent.  So from March
16th to August 6th I have not received my complete tower order. (How can
First call say you can get a tower in 2 to 4 weeks ??).
  The reason I say NO VALUE ADDED is because FIRST CAll says the
problems are all at the factory plant and they just keep passing along
the "bad" information, with regrets.  So while PARAGON Manufacturing in
California got the bulk of my money for building the tower and FIRST
CALL (while always friendly and always courteous) got "commission" money
for "passing along bad factory data", that's why I say from my
experience: FIRST CALL has NO VALUE ADDED.
73,
Ken W2DTC