[TowerTalk] 1st call

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 11:15:59 +0000

At 03:45 AM 8/5/00 -0500, dj2001@isd.net wrote:

>I made a call to inquire about somthing July 24 and they did indicate
>the main man would be on vacation and to call back Aug 10-15.  Sounds
>like a small operation.

Small's fine, and mistakes happen.  I've run several one-person businesses
over the years, and that's no reason to follow unacceptable business
practices such as charging credit cards before shipment, particularly when
shipment is some weeks away.  If you need money up front to pass on to your
supplier, IMO the right way to do this is to require a percentage up front,
and call it a deposit.

The proprietor of First Call has been quick to post on this reflector
advertising positive developments in its business.  Now I think it's time
for him to clarify for us just what his practices are, so that this rather
large community can judge whether to invest in the products he sells.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at
http://www.qsl.net/n4zr