[TowerTalk] KT34XA Pre-Raising Checkout?

Michael Tope Michael Tope <w4ef@pacbell.net>
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 18:36:25 -0700

Jeff,

If you have a convenient way of hoisting each element
into the air by itself, Mike Stahl, K6MYC sent me a
list of the element self resonant frequencies (each
element up in the air by itself). I think his data
was taken at about 40'. I can email it to you if you
like.

To run the test, simply remove the shorting strap
that bridges the Lexan insulators, and attach a 1:1
balun, and then hoist the element up into the clear
I attached the element to a short piece of 2" Al
pipe using the hose clamps on the Lexan insulator. You
can then hang the pull rope from the pipe - this keeps
the element horizontal. I pumped a KW x ~1 minute into
each elementjust to make sure there weren't any bad connections.

Good Luck,

Mike, W4EF (ex KD8NS).....................