[TowerTalk] DX86 vs. HDX589

Dave dave@dbtech.net
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 01:16:00 -0500

Hi.
I am new to the list, so I apologize if this question has been asked before.

I am purchasing a crank-up (in this case, motor-up) tower in the next week
or so. I have narrowed my choices to the Tri-Ex DX86
(http://www.firstcallcom.net) or the US Tower HDX-589
(http://www.ustower.com/selfsupport.html).

I am leaning toward the DX86 as it appears to be a bit more sturdy and has
the three cable system. Regardless of which one I finally choose, the tower
will be purchased with the raising fixture, but without the remote control.
I see no need to spend a grand on a control box that can be easily
constructed. I also plan to fit the tower with an extra set of limit
switches in series with the provided ones (I want to be able to operate the
tower automatically during bad weather with some peace of mind).

What I would really like, is to hear from some folks that have actually
installed either one. What was your experience? Are there any caveats I
should be aware of? Do you have any online pictures of the tower?

Any and all comments regarding your experience are very much welcomed and
appreciated.

73, David W4DLB

Sir, are you classified as human?
"Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle"