[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Software

John Langdon jlangdon@outer.net
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 10:00:15 -0500

I think this may stem from a misinterpretation of the limitation on the
total number of segments that may be used in a model?

And another question in this area:  I want to build a "whole station" model
to check for interactions and for deciding if and where to install
additional antennas, and a 500 segment limit would not allow this.  Am I
stuck with finding a way to buy NEC-4 (if I even can qualify as a licensee)
or am I missing something?

73 John N5CQ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Tom Rauch
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 12:39 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com; k7ox@pipeline.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Software

>  I am interested in purchasing some software to model various ant
>  configurations.  I was looking at EZNEC 3.0 but it is my understanding
>  that after 300 models it will no longer work ???  I would like to keep
>  the cost reasonable.  What is out there ? looking for opinions, pro or
>  con.  Thanks in advance for any info you would care to share.
>
>  73 Gary >

Gary and all,

I checked with Roy Lewallen today, and he was puzzled where
such a rumor would come from.

He has never written or sold a program that has a limit on the
number of antennas that can be modeled.

If anyone knows where this rumor started, please try to correct it or
let Roy know where the rumor came from. Rumors like this are very
damaging once they get started.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com