[TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling Software

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 18:10:06 +0000

At 01:38 PM 8/1/00 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:

>>  I am interested in purchasing some software to model various ant
>>  configurations.  I was looking at EZNEC 3.0 but it is my understanding
>>  that after 300 models it will no longer work ???  I would like to keep
>>  the cost reasonable.  What is out there ? looking for opinions, pro or
>>  con.  Thanks in advance for any info you would care to share.
>>
>>  73 Gary >
>
>Gary and all,
>
>I checked with Roy Lewallen today, and he was puzzled where
>such a rumor would come from.
>
>He has never written or sold a program that has a limit on the
>number of antennas that can be modeled.
>
>If anyone knows where this rumor started, please try to correct it or
>let Roy know where the rumor came from. Rumors like this are very
>damaging once they get started.

I think this may have been a misunderstanding of the 500-segment limit in
EZNEC, which I have commented on as a problem when trying to do interaction
modeling of a whole tower installation.  In any case, I think others
(including LB) have effectively debunked it here in the last few hours.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at
http://www.qsl.net/n4zr