[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G screw-in guys

Bill Heinzinger w9ol@billnjudy.com
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:24:24 -0500

alternating
> the tightening sequence.  I have seen loose clamps on
> Field Day where one side was tight but the other was loose,
> presumably because the loose side was tightened first but
> not re-tightened after the second side was tightened.
>
> I suggest that improper installation is MUCH less likely
> with guy grips than with cable clamps.
>
> de  Tom  N4KG

The web site for electric scaffolding
( www.powerclimber.com/newsletters/aug98.html )says that the proper torque
for 'fistgrips' is 45 lbs. on each of three fistgrips.

I know fistgrips are a different animal from cable clamps but I've never
seen a mention of the proper torque.

I'm thinking it may be different for Kevlar guys also.

All of us construction types who rode those scaffolds carried our own torque
wrenches and checked the grips prior to starting work each day.