[TowerTalk] Naive question about lightning protection

Sylvan Katz jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 06:35:13 -0600

Over the past couple of weeks there has been some interesting discussion
about towers and lightning protection. However, as I recall nothing
specific was mentioned about the difference between protecting a
insulated versus and uninsulated tower. Is there a difference in the
approach? Is an ungrounded insulated tower more or less prone to
lightning strikes?

tnx
sylvan
ps - I am interested in the minimum protection as I intend to
unplug/uncouple everything when it is not in use during lightning
season.
niave
--
Sylvan Katz