[TowerTalk] X7 and X9

Bruce wd4ngb@qsl.net
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 12:27:58 +0000

I am using a Cushcraft X7, that works very well. This antenna is
designed
for 10, 15, and 20m, but works decent on 12 and 17m, and Very good on
the
upper part of 40m With Out the 40m add on.

My question is, are any of the others on Towertalk using one of these,
and
if so, have you used a amp on the warc bands or 40m? The SWR is a little

high, so I do not want to try using the amp on it.  The X7 has a log
cell,
and the feed point balun is too far out the boom to replace it on the
tower.  I do not want to try something that someone else already tried,
and had it failed.

Bruce Richards / WD4NGB /E30GA team leader/ ex HL9JV
DX Page http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb
50 Miles North West of Nashville Tn

***** Eritrea DX-pedition ***********
http://www.qsl.net/eritrea/e3.htm