[TowerTalk] K8UR wire 4-SQR characteristics vs 1/4 vertical array design from N0AH

Steve Maki steve@oakcom.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:28:15 -0400

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:51:45 +0200, "i4jmy@iol.it"<i4jmy@iol.it> wrote:

>> I use (3) 1/2 wave vertical dipole DE with parasitic director arrays on 80;
>> they are over very wet ground and seem to play very well - but I'm going to try
>> radials to see how smart you guys are <g>

>Do you think to try radials in your actual system (how?), or to modify
>the system to benefit of radials ?

Since I have three relatively independent arays (NE, SE, W), my inclination
would be to concentrate the radials in the direction of interest, for each
array.  Warming the earth off the back of an array is probably a good thing,
and after reading about the difficulty of modeling ground systems, I'll
probably just try it and find out.

--
Steve K8LX