[TowerTalk] Re: Triex Towers

Joel k2qbv@cyburban.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:50:35 -0400

We were  surprised and disappointed that Gerald Williamson, K5GW, "Owner/General
Manager/Texas Towers" lent his good name, and that of his company, to the OBVIOUS
attempt to discredit Tri-Ex Towers and indirectly First Call Communications,
represented  by his "TowerTalk" submission dated August 3, 2000.  Since Texas
Towers is NOT a seller or buyer of  Tri-Ex Towers, it seems VERY painfully
obvious who and what motivated this very leading submission,which, sadly, appears
consistent with other tactics that have been reported to us.

It is the very essence of a free economic system that competition drives down
prices and improves products.  Thus, if a rival tower manufacturer feels
competitively disavantaged, it should lower its prices, improve customer service
and product thereby benefiting you, the tower customer.  Certainly,eliminating
competition will cause the opposite result.  We welcome the competition, and
believe the more the merrier.

Complete tower stress analysis (including the new 60,000 KSI yield steel now
used) with or without a "wet stamp" prepared by a profession  engineer
(certified P.E.) is available  for a modest fee.   Yes, Gerald,we will even sell
you a set.

Joel H. Kornreich, K2QBV
First Call Communications,Inc